Saturday, January 06, 2007

Come rain or shine


Well here I am with the pike I caught earlier today

Okay so I'm lying and the person in the picture is just a bit younger than me, oh and the fish is a little larger than the one I caught, oh and the weather was a little worse than in the photo. Apart from that - what have the Romans ever done for us!

3 hours in the freezing cold on Rockland Staithe for a few roach and perch of the minutest proportions - its enough to drive a man home to watch Norwich sloshing around in Midlands mud sealing a 4-1 victory over Tamworth on the box.

June cooked a broccoli quiche for tea which was fab and we settled down for an episode of Morse. What a great name that is - I shall now change my name to something more enigmatic like.........Pike

"Don't tell them your name Pike"

Too late

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

I'm surpised you hunt fish and are willing to snatch them out of thei safe environment to suffocate in the sunshine......maybe I'll call you Fisher.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Helsalata said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger joolians said...

what a whopper

bit a stickler for quotes ...

German Officer: vot is your name?

Capt Mainwaring: Don't tell him Pike!!

Ah! humour at it's best

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home