Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Danger in deep waters


Two reminders that water is at the very escence of the physical world we inhabit. The cycle path near Mile Cross was badly flooded for the first time I can remember in ages making my cycle to work exciting - luckily I had mudguards on.



The almost finished island now has a shipwreck and a couple of sharks. The sailors have all been eaten. One minute we're sailing along all dandy and the next we're up to our necks in it, trying to persuade 'Jaws' that she isn't hungry. I can swim and my skin is so thick I'm shark proof - yeah right!!

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

Dr Feelgood writes:

No I don’t think H stands for ‘Hussein’. This is what I think:

It’s a bit rough isn’t it if in going to church you feel you’ve got to brave shark infested waters in a dodgy boat? Clearly the sea in this model must symbolize the biblical chaos beast of the deep – i.e. Satan and disorder – devouring would be churchgoers. I like the triangular church tower – don’t see any of those in mediaeval churches – but this must be an allusion to the Holy Trinity and surmounted by an ‘England’ flag I conclude that the island must represent heaven (for a footballer ‘England’ can only conjure up images of heaven). The Helicopter pad, of course, means that you believe there is an easier way to heaven (possibly an oblique reference to Salvation), than relying on an unrealistically thick skin.

So there you have it: Deep theology subliminally expressed in paper mache. Freud would be proud. Have you visited a shrink recently? I’ll be happy to offer my services.

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Sweet Pete said...

Thanks to Dr Feelgood for his in-depth analysis of the earth - soul - heaven model of life.

I remember seeing Dr Feelgood at University and I'm sure they sang something called "Milk and alcohol"

Obviously they have moved on and graduated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home