Saturday, January 13, 2007

Quiet life



This is my wood pile. The wood arrived today. I think everyone should have a wood pile - especially men. My friend John would understand this. The task of unloading a tonne of logs and stacking them appeals to my aesthetic nature as well as giving me a sense of tiredness due to the sheer effort. Once complete I can stand back admire my handiwork. I then feel content as I know my family will be warm for the next couple of months. I just need to snare a woolly mammoth and fight a sabre toothed tiger before bedtime.

If you haven't got an open fire or stove just order a £50 load of logs and try stacking and restacking in different ways - hours of fun and you can always sell the wood on afterwards.

Heard the track "Quiet life" by Japan for the first time in decades. This reminds me of the title of their album ' Gentlemen wear polaroids'. I rarely wear polaroids. Perhaps I should start. Anything for a quiet life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home