Monday, January 15, 2007

My Mate Marmite



Just finished my latest masterpiece. 'Self portrait with Marmite jar'

Yvetta came to art with me this evening. How do explain to someone from Prague what marmite is?

"well its thick like really thick treacle but it tastes like salty beefiness and you have it on toast'" - would you want to eat it after that description?

I have more recently become a fan of yeast extract as sold by Rainbow. This is a little less harsh and not as dark. Sort of 70% marmite solids in a chocolatey sort of way. What utter drivel. I'm off to get out the sliced bread and dig into some salty beefiness.

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

which bit is you? not the bit that says 100% vegitarian I'm guessing!

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Dr B said...

Nice picture.

I've found that telling people the origin of the yeast to be extracted seems to have a similar affect to your salty beef treacle effort. Nevertheless I'm quite a fan of the stuff.

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger joolians said...

i like your picture. it has a certain retro feel which i like a lot. makes me feel at home and safe.

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Helsalata said...

I'm interested in how you achieved the reflective nature of the spoon?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home