Friday, April 18, 2008

Pipers grip


Jack has been ill for the last two days and inbetween administering regular does of calpol and paracetemol ( ran out of one and moved on to the other) I was able to unpack and investigate my christmas and birthday present which was a low whistle. The odd thing is the position of the holes. There are six holes but they are hardly in a sensible place to play. If you try and cover the holes with the finger pads as normal you end up with a dislocated finger and persistent numbness. I spent some time on the internet and discovered the pipers grip which is the recommended way to play the instrument. Its a bit contorted to start with but with persistence I can see its going to work. I suspect this is going to take a very long time to master. But when I get a half decent note out of it - well, its going to be worth the effort.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

have you got some notes out of it yet...and when are you gonna bring it round?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home