Tuesday, April 15, 2008

war films


A find of ours was throwing away some old videos and one of them was Saving Private Ryan. I hadn't watched this before but Jack had as part of English project in year 8 at school ( when he was 12 and its a 15 certificate but that's another story!).

I was knocked out by the film. It starts at a cemetary we visited whilst in Normandy two years ago and soon cuts to very graphic scenes from the landing beaches. Jack and Ben don't relate to the futility and utter waste of life involved in the film but they do get quite caught up with the character who is anti-killing and who they see as weak because he can't save his friend.

I managed to fit my new pick-up to the violin this evening which involved cutting clices off a wine cork to make the chin rest high enough. I had to drink the wine of course. After the film finished this was just about all I could do.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

i've never seen it either - maybe I should....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home