Wednesday, January 17, 2007

And here's one I made earlier



After a busy parents evening I return home to enjoy a refreshing glass of homebrew. Amber in colour with a crisp bitter edge and full bodied flavour. This is one I made earlier and drank only a matter of minutes ago.

Sadly for me I have another 40 pints of the stuff brewing away at the moment. I use the term brewing but actually the stuff has STUCK FERMENTATION. All those millions of yeast cells have gone on strike and are refusing to continue turning all that yummy maltose into carbon dioxide and lovely ethanol. Selfish little swine - I have tried warming, cajoling and adding more sugar but to no avail. I am going to try apply artificial resuscitation next with a long plastic hose. Wish me luck..............

6 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Blogger joolians said...

beer in a wine glass. i never thought of that. Sometimes I'd like to have a taste of beer but not really want to drink a whole bottle. I am a total lightweight thesedays.

you need to have a party to get the rest drunk!

Isnt there some sort of reactivator you can get for stuck fermentation?

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

the church meeting may have fermented you...... and......I now have some equipment.........Help

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Sweet Pete said...

Good News - no not the Gospel of Christ although that is obviously tres important but the artificial resuscitation worked and the yeast have sprung into action.


HOORAY!

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger norman_worth said...

Alcohol is a sin

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger jacob smith said...

yes i enjoy a bit of beer but to be truthfull your much better buying a few weed seed grow u on ganga plant witch is great fun with ur light then smoke it its welll good i tell thee ur feel great to so screw get on to the ganga grab a few from head in the clouds at the city centre

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger norman_worth said...

Drug that are not medicinal are extremely sinful and bad for your health. How dare u rant about such a subject with not a care for who may read it? You disapoint me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home