Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Frozen solid



I nicked this photo from some guy in Utah - I hope he doesn't mind!

I went to check the rabbit's water this evening which will soon be frozen solid. It makes me wonder how animals and birds survive really cold snaps when there is no available water and the term 'cold desert' really comes into its own. The issue of keeping warm comes a fraction higher on the list than finding suitable drinking water. I suppose I'll have to smash the ice up for the chickens in the morning as well. Maybe I should get a microwave installed in the garden and train the chickens to use it for just such as eventuality. Nah - that's just being stupid. I'll continue being a responsible pet owner and keep putting out fresh water. I heard about a woman who put her boyfriend's cat into washing machine because they had broken up. Needless to say the cat died. Funnily enough I had noticed how dependent our cats suddenly become if there is any kind of argument brewing in the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home