Saturday, February 03, 2007

Surprise surprise



It's just not fair. The door bell rings and you go to answer it and there standing in front of you is someone you know but you're not quite ready for them. The face contorts as you try to find a neutral visage to present and a thousand emotions shimmer across your facial muscles. A split second later you smile in friendly acknowledgement and invite the person in.
On this occasion Bev's surprise is not that Cilla Black is standing on his doorstep but more that whilst he was expecting me, he wasn't expecting me to be wielding a camera. As we age we become more cynical in our relationships with others. We compartmentalize our lives and have different personas for each part. Each one a different face and finding that face can take a few seconds.

I went out for a delightful meal last night with friends I know well. Friends that I no longer have to find that neutral face for, friends that accept me as I am complete with faults as well as something to offer. I know that Jesus never ever had to find that neutral face, his is always one of acceptance and openness.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Blogger dave hog said...

he looks quite gay if you ask me

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger jacob smith said...

hey how are you "pete" what beeen happing you seem to be a great guy who respect the true spectacular world nature

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger joolians said...

liked this post

you have faults? you never told me that! ah well,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home