Thursday, February 08, 2007

So much promise!



Well here it is. The fiddle I borrowed at Christmas with a view to buying it for a friend. It looks the part, its got quality dominant strings and a new bridge. But it sounds bloody awful. In fact its crap and the person that made it should have used it for kindling at the first opportunity. I assume its been crap all its miserable life and has somehow survived the ravages of numerous owners. Perhaps I will see it on ebay soon with ' for sale antique violin, mellow sound, good for the beginner.'

How many times in life does something look good but not deliver - luckily not too often which either reflects my cynical approach to everything OR I am eternally optimistic with low standards.

I need a holiday

I'm going to get out my Tim Philips infidel ( my own jawgus - apparently this is text language for gorgeous, violin) and launch into a couple of reels just to get this awful fiddle out of my system!

3 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Blogger joolians said...

you could always experiment and spray it pink, put a pick up in it and plug it into an amp ... ;)

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

Why not take up playing an air guitar? - they don't have so many parts that can go wrong.

 
At 1:53 AM , Blogger Sweet Pete said...

not surprisingly it came with a pick-up and heavy duty electric bridge which should have been a warning from the outset!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home