Thursday, March 22, 2007

reboot



My iPod started playing up the other day. The fact that I dropped it didn't help of course. The problem was that it was stuck on 'play' and couldn't be turned off. I was at a loss about what to do so I turned to the apple website which recommended a factory settings restore. This wiped the hard disk and gave the iPod a fresh start. I dutifully followed the instructions and to my amazement it worked properly. I now have to keep checking it is still behaving itself as I can't quite believe it.

We ask for forgiveness and receive it through Jesus. This is a restore to factory settings where our sin is wiped away and we get a fresh start. Unfortunately we often find it difficult to accept and keep looking for the guilt and pain. The memory is still there but the sin is gone - I wonder if the iPod remembers that it was stuck on 'play' at one time and dwells on it during those dark times in the desk drawer at work?

We need to accept and move on

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

maybe the iPod has carefully imagined the memory going neatly into a little wooden box, and then covered it with a towel and slid it under the bed. Then, very occassionally, and when it feels necessary, the iPod will look under the bed and fish the box out and rummage around the memory, before slipping it away again. But most of the time it will be left under the bed as good as forgotten.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home