Friday, March 21, 2008

Pick-ups


Apparently Chris, the sound man at The Shed, has suggested, rather heavily, that I should get a pick-up for my fiddle. It turns out that he has to turn my mic up so high it affects the balance of the other mics. Oh bugger I said to myself. So I decided to contact Tim Phillips who made my original fiddle and ask his advice. It turns out he's selling a pick-up by Skyinbow - a Shetland based electric fiddle maker. The problem is the price - £199! Yikes I thought to myself. This is a little more than I had in mind. I need to think carefully about this one. It would be great to have a pick-up which faithfully translates the acoustic qualities of the instrument rather than that harsh sound which eletric fiddles often have.

We watched Dog Borstall this evening as a border collie was on. The animal in question was called Ellie and was hyperactive. She needs stimulation and was much faster than her owner at picking things up - a trait that was commented on by the trainer. We had better take note when dealing with our own collie. We took Rosie to Hevingham Woods today. I hope she found the experience stimulating enough. It was certainly wet enough. Ben fell over in the mud and I nearly wet myself laughing. Unfortunately I wasn't expected to repsond in this way and he nearly went mardy and walked off. We made up soon enough and had a very pleasant stroll between cloudbursts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home