Monday, March 17, 2008

My new phone


Well the fishing season may be over until June 16th but I have a new phone! Actually it is a cast off from my youngest son. At the moment I can only just about make a call with it but have no idea how to answer so lets hope I find out soon. The level of technology involved is amazing.

I went to my art class this evening and painted a scene from a Norfolk landscape. You know the sort of thing - derelict water mill and reeds- a bit cliche but I thought it might work. It all got a bit out of hand though and my simple atmospheric scene became an example of a force 9 storm and the contrast of colours seems to encourage the frenetic mood of the picture. I'd post an image of it but its still wet and will probably remain so for a couple of weeks as I did it in thick oils.

I have a picture hanging in the cafe at Gressenhall rural life museum at the moment which is also apparently wet. I finished it last Monday and it was hung on Sunday. Its called Wensum in Winter so the idea of a wet painting is really rather apt.

Back to the phone.... My son got the phone from a friend of ours who lives in Manchester. He dropped it down the toilet and it won't turn off. Seeing as I can't use the thing anyway I'd say this was the least of my worries.

I finished Stanleys jig by the way and am quite proud of my first ever tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home