Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The rhythm of my heart



It looks a little like this except the markings are slightly different. Otherwise its big and mean and kicks out a deep, deep , deep bass note. The drum makes three basic sounds which are A - bass note, B the middle tone, and C the hand slap rim shot.

This means I have invented a new form of writing musical score for fellow djembe players

For example the start of the rythmn for 'we will rock you' is AAC. But I'm now bored with this so will just go off and play said drum. Bought it at Spring harvest. I just want to say a big UP to all me mates coz I had a FAT time and it made me SICK.
I learnt a lot and felt challenged. I also feel God took me back to my ABC's and reminded me of lessons I should have learnt and remembered a long time ago.

6 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Blogger stevie.g said...

I was sick too. wicked.

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Helsalata said...

I have a feeling you might mean phat and sic.
:D

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger Sweet Pete said...

Helsalata - you see the difference between youth work and teaching - we try to teach them proper English and you get down to where they're at!!

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger joolians said...

maybe it should have been sick [sic] - you know how as in the latin to designate incorrect or unusual spelling or reproduced verbatim so as to be a transcription error.

maybe

but my djembe is also phat [sic] and i have succesfully annoyed my daughter by playing mine loudly when i got home from work ... happy days

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Timothy V Reeves said...

So I'm not the only person who is banging a drum.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger max-phax said...

your ryhms are fucking wack man

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home