Thursday, March 13, 2008

Where do you get your hog?


I made a carbonara sauce to go with our pasta this evening. I followed exactly the same recipe as the last time I made it but somehow the sauce lacked flavour. I even got out the bacon wrapper to check that it was smoked and therein lies the problem - whilst the bacon was indeed smoked and did indeed come from the stable of Sainsbury's 'Taste the difference' range ( as opposed to the 'Lacking in taste range') it still does not hold a candle to Mr Pickerings finest smoked back. I remain appalled that people still buy bacon which appears to boil in the pan rather than fry and at 2 packsfor £5 are surprised that there is no decent flavour. So I apologise to Mr Pickering for not making the pilgrimage to Old Costessey recently, a situation which will be remedied before the next concoction of eggs, cream, bacon and parmesan cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home